The newest addition to the 2019-2020 theatrical lineup is “Noises Off,” which will run Nov. 22-24. The show takes its title from the stage direction indicating sounds coming from offstage. The comedic, play-within-a-play premiered in London in 1982 and received 1984 Tony Award nominations for Best Play, Best Featured Actor, Best Featured Actress, and Best Direction.
In addition, these audition and info meeting dates have been set. All take place at the Ray E. Deardorff Auditorium at the high school:
- Sept. 4: “Aladdin Jr.” informational meeting (6 p.m.)
- Sept. 6: Acting/leadership weekend training sessions begin (3:30 p.m.)
- Sept. 8: “Noises Off” auditions (6:30 p.m.)
- Sept. 23: “Aladdin Jr.” open auditions (3:30 p.m.)
- Sept. 25-26: “Aladdin Jr.” callbacks (3:30 p.m.)
According to StageAgent, here is the show’s synopsis: Noises Off takes a fond look at the follies of theatre folk, whose susceptibility to out-of-control egos, memory loss, and passionate affairs turn every performance into a high-risk adventure. This play-within-a-play captures a touring theatre troupe’s production of Nothing On in three stages: dress rehearsal, the opening performance, and a performance towards the end of a debilitating run.
So far, here is the lineup for the 2019-2020 theater season at Ottawa Hills Local Schools:
- Nov. 22-24: “Noises Off” (fall play)
- Feb. 7-9: “Aladdin Jr.” (Acting Out! Production)
- April 24-26: TBD (spring musical)
- May 22-24: “Scorch” (Off-Broadway production)