Construction has started on the new Kadens Family Fitness Center at the Junior/Senior High School. This exciting project will transform health education for our students, particularly our athletes.
To keep the site safe for everyone, a fence has been placed around the construction zone. The fence is not to be entered on foot or by car for any reason. Parking and entry is forbidden except for workers at the site.
The fence means BIG changes in parking for our students, staff, and visitors since 54 parking spaces are being temporarily lost. Here is what you need to know:
- The fence means there is only one way into and out of the parking lot (see map). Please use extra caution when entering and leaving the Junior/Senior High School lot.
- Parents who drop off junior high students in the morning are reminded to use the Kenwood Avenue drop-off site by the building’s north doors. Parents, please: Do not enter the parking lot to drop off your child in the morning.
- All spaces except for four visitor and seven handicap spaces are being “assigned” to students, faculty, and staff during construction. By assigning spaces, the district’s goal is to ensure that every student, teacher, and staff member can park and get into the building efficiently throughout the school day.
- Download the map showing how the spaces have been numbered.
- Everyone assigned a space is receiving a sticker to be placed on the car. The sticker will help Junior/Senior High School staff keep track of who is parking where. (Students who did not attend schedule pick up were not assigned a parking spot and should park along bexford or Ashborne until they apply for a parking sticker and spot.)
- The assigned spaces are for use during school hours on school days. The stickers and assignment of a space does not guarantee parking before or after school, on weekends, or on non-school weekdays.
- Most of the assigned spaces are on Village-owned streets – not school property. However, all concerns/issues about parking should be directed to the main office at the Junior/Senior High School.
- Visitors to the Junior/Senior High School must use the visitor spaces in front of the building’s main entrance; if those spaces are occupied, then visitors must park along Osborne Street, Kenwood Avenue, Ashborne Place or Bexford Place. When doing so, drivers must observe the posted Village parking rules on those streets.
- Parents, fans, and out-of-town guests will have full access to all spaces for athletic events weekdays after 3 p.m. and all day on weekends. However, attendees need to plan accordingly and may need to park further from Niedermeier Stadium.
We ask for everyone’s patience during construction The dust and temporary inconvenience will be worth the wait when the facility opens in December! If you have any questions about the parking at the Junior/Senior High School during construction of the Kadens Family Fitness Center, please contact Junior/Senior High Principal Ben McMurray by calling the main office at 419-534-5376.