Members of the Class of 2021 will pedal their way across the village May 26 to celebrate their graduation and pay homage to significant places in their lives.
The ride begins at 3:30 p.m. and is expected to take only 20 minutes, so get into position early if you want to wave and honor them. The route (see map) is expected to be lined with family, friends, and current and former teachers. (Social distancing will be adhered to and facemasks will be required of all riders as well as spectators.)
The route includes 13 points of interest, including the Elementary School “circle” where they were dropped off as youngsters. Points of interest are:
- START: The Meadow/sledding fill
- Baseball field
- Tennis courts
- Choir/band door
- Junior High entrance
- Scout House
- Elementary School Circle/jumping hill: crossing guards’ corner
- Elementary School playground and baseball fields
- Spirit Rock
- High School main entrance
- The Kadens Family Fitness Center/senior parking lot (at door to main gym)
- END: Niedermeier Stadium for a “final victory lap” before graduation.
Afterward, they will disperse to the high school parking lot for a seniors-only ice cream treat. If you have questions, contact Julie Hagenbuch, chair of the Senior Slow Roll Committee, at email@example.com.