Ottawa Hills Local Schools is the No. 1 school district in the Toledo area and Lucas County, according to research company Niche.
Niche calculated its rankings using dozens of public data sets and millions of reviews. Factors used in its K-12 rankings include state test scores, college readiness, graduation rates, SAT/ACT scores, teacher quality, and public school district ratings.
“This award recognizes the combined dedication and contributions of educators and staff, parents, a strong community centered around our schools, and especially our students,” said Dr. Adam Fineske, superintendent of Ottawa Hills Local Schools. “Education is a top priority in the homes of our students, and rankings like this recognize that commitment.”
In addition to its top Toledo area and Lucas County ranking, Ottawa Hills ranked high in all statewide categories measured by Niche:
- Best school districts: 8 out of 608 (top 1 percent).
- Best places to teach: 33 out of 608 (top 5 percent).
- Safest school districts: 39 out of 608 (top 6 percent).
- Best school districts for athletes: 69 out of 608 (top 11 percent).
- Districts with the best teachers: 80 out of 608 (top 13 percent).
Rounding out the top five Toledo area districts were Perrysburg Schools (No. 2), Anthony Wayne Local Schools (No. 3), Sylvania Schools (No. 4), and Eastwood Local Schools (No. 5). Rounding out the top five districts in Lucas County were Anthony Wayne Local Schools (No. 2), Sylvania Schools (No. 3), Maumee City Schools (No. 4), and Oregon City Schools (No. 5).
Nationally, Ottawa Hills ranked high as well:
- Best school districts: 110 out of 10,782 (top 1 percent).
- Best places to teach: 314 out of 11,130 (top 3 percent).
- Safest school districts: 334 out of 11,823 (top 3 percent).
- Districts with the best teachers: 801 out of 11,725 (top 7 percent)
Niche ranked nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents. The company uses the most up-to-date data available from dozens of public data sources along with millions of reviews from students, parents, and residents.
Read more about the methodology
Niche is a research company that compiles and analyzes data about the best colleges, K-12 districts, neighborhoods and companies in the United States.