Six seniors at Ottawa Hills High School took part today in a “Signing Day Ceremony.” All will continue playing sports at the collegiate level this fall. The athletes are:
- Joe Boesel (lacrosse) at Kenyon College. The Kenyon Lords are a Division III school competing in the North Coast Athletic Conference.
- Maya Chandar-Rouba (squash) at Bowdoin College. The Bowdoin Polar Bears are a Division III school competing in the New England Small College Athletic Conference.
- Austen Charles (soccer) at Wittenberg University. The Wittenberg Tigers are a Division III school competing in the North Coast Athletic Conference.
- Michael Nichols (track) at the University of Findlay. The Findlay Oilers are a Division II school competing in the Great Midwest Athletic Conference.
- Ethan Krupp (lacrosse) at Adrian College. The Adrian Bulldogs are a Division III school competing in the Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association.
- Sophie Summers (basketball) at North Central College. The North Central Cardinals are a Division III school competing in the College Conference of Illinois and Wisconsin.
“We are extremely proud of these athletes and what they accomplished as Green Bears,” said Tamara Talmage, the athletic administrator for Ottawa Hills Local Schools. “Their recruitment as collegiate athletes shows you the competitive caliber of our student athletes.”
Today’s signings bring to nine the number of seniors at Ottawa Hills High School (enrollment: 316) playing collegiately this fall. The others are:
- Tommy Coil (soccer) at Saint Michael’s College. The Saint Michael’s Purple Knights are a Division II team school competing in the Northeast-10 Conference.
- Caroline Dayton (golf) at Loyola University Chicago. The Loyola Ramblers are a Division I team competing in the Missouri Valley Conference.
- Kevin Hileman (soccer) at the United States Navy Academy. The Midshipmen are a a Division I team competing in the American Athletic Conference.