JUNIOR HIGH ROUNDUP
The junior high Science Olympiad team medaled in five events at the Southview Invitational February 9. Medal winners included Anastasia Rea (8) and Thomas Franklin (8) in Heredity (4th); Ali Sediqe (7) and Gray Begeman (7) in Meteorology (3rd); Thomas Franklin (8) and Karsten Huber (7) in Thermodynamics (4th); Barrett Downing (8) and Niki Malekpour (8) in Write It Do It (2nd); and Anna and Ava Frey (8) in Write It Do It (4th).
Congratulations to Lila Smith (7) on winning the 67-question science Kahoot out of 160 players. The junior high team finished 15th out of 36 very competitive teams.
Top 10 finishers were: Riley Nixon (7) and Gray Begeman (7) in Battery Buggy (7th); Thomas Franklin and Ali Sediqe in Circuit Lab (10th); Olga Isailovic (7) and Barrett Downing in Crime Busters (8th); Michael Lin (7) and Richard Guo (6) in Density Lab (7th); Thomas Franklin and Karsten Huber in Disease Detective (9th); Olga Isailovic and Lila Smith in Potions and Poisons (7th); and Olga Isailovic and Lila Smith in Water Quality (9th).
Special thanks to teacher/advisor Paul Genzman.
HIGH SCHOOL ROUNDUP
The high school team finished 10th out of 30 teams and will build on this momentum as it prepares for the regional tournament in March. High school highlights include:
- Daniel Liu (12) and Sam Kim (10): Third in Astronomy
- Daniel Liu and Ishan Khare (10): Fifth in Chem Lab
- Daniel Liu and Ishan Khare: Third in Circuit Lab
- Ishan Khare and Jenny Hsu (11): Third in Fermi
- Daniel Liu and Ishan Khare: Fourth in Designer Genes
- Elise Denk (9) and Daniel Liu: Third in Geologic Mapping
- Rohit Mukherjee (11) and Pram Koirala (9): Fifth in Water Quality
Many thanks to all the parent volunteers and teacher/coaches Jeremy Nixon, Liz Puskala, and Paul Genzman. Good luck at regionals!