Special Education Home | Students with Disabilities Served | Resources for Parents | Child Find | Special Education Staff
Total Sports Rossford offers a special needs programs to provide opportunities for fun and physical activity for youth, teens, and young adults with special needs. For 36 years, Bittersweet, Inc. has been successfully serving adults and adolescents with Autism Spectrum Disorders across three locations in Ohio. The mission of Bittersweet is to positively impact the lives of individuals with autism and those whose lives they touch.
Bittersweet’s Social Recreation Program (SRP) is a community-based program that aims to provide therapeutic services to individuals with autism and other developmental disabilities.
Total Sports Rossford and Bittersweet are teaming up to provide a multi-sports program for individuals with special needs ages 13 to 22. They meet weekly for six weeks per session at Total Sports Rossford to play a variety of sports.
- Sept. 30: 5-6:30 p.m. Fitness For All
- Oct. 7: 5-6:30 p.m. Kickball
- Oct. 14: 5-6:30 p.m. Picnic Games
- Each player’s fee is $75 and is open to the community.
- Minimum enrollment of 10 registrants for a class to run. Remember to register ASAP!
- Register with Bittersweet Farms at 419-875-6986 Ext. 1209 or email@example.com
Total Sports Rossford is at 10020 S. Compass Dr., Rossford, Ohio 43460.
info@TotalSportsComplex.com | 419.874.9800
Football/cheerleading: Sept. 29, Oct. 6, Oct. 13. At fieldhouse from 3-4 p.m.
Soccer: Nov. 3, Nov. 10, Nov. 17. At fieldhouse from 3-4 p.m.
- Autism Society of Northwest Ohio (419-242-9587)
- Decoding Dyslexia
- Down Syndrome Association of Greater Toledo (419-536-4321)
- Epilepsy Center (419-867-5950)
- Family Engagement Center
- Free Sensory Room Finnegan Autism Center (September schedule)
- Imagination Station Think Tank Workshops
- Itaalk Foundation Autism Resources
- Mothers’ Center Of Greater Toledo. Mission: To offer members friendship (for both parents and children), parenting support, community involvement, intellectual stimulation, playgroups, resume-building leadership skills, and much more.
- National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) Toledo Free Art Classes
- National Alliance on Mental Illness (800-686-2646)
- NWO Apraxia Support
- Ohio Department of Development Disabilities (877-464-6733)
- Ohio Department of Education, Exceptional Children, Children with Disabilities
- State Support Team Region 1
- 2275 Collingwood Blvd., Suite C
- Toledo, OH 43620
- Phone: 1-800-346-8495, 419-720-8999, 419-720-8998(fax)
- Ohio Coalition for the Education of Children with Disabilities
- Ohio Center for Autism and Low Incidence
- Parent Mentor Program - ESC of Lake Erie West
- Parker’s Purpose Foundation Assistance
- Secret forest with hidden treehouse at the Toledo Botanical Gardens
- The Ability Center of Greater Toledo (419-885-5733)
- The Arc of Lucas County (419-882-0941)
- The International Dyslexia Association, Northern Ohio Branch
- Toledo Area Parent Playmobil Giveaway
- Toledo Area Parent Field Trip & After School Guide
- Toledo Art Museum - Family Center
- Toledo Lucas County Public Library
- University of Michigan’s site on dyslexia
- Way Pubic Library (Perrysburg) – Kids’ programming